- Gather information about appropriate courses, the availability of courses,
and make recommendations to the Local Union on whether or not members should be attending.
- Assist delegates in the preparation of reports to the membership on seminars and conferences and maintain a reference file of these reports.
- Prepare a budget to be voted on at a regular membership meeting for the funding of educational.
- Assist with updating the Local’s website.
- Cooperate with the National Union Development Department and Communications Branch of CUPE, and with the regional Education Representative, in implementing both the Local Union’s and CUPE’s
policies in these fields.
The committee members will be the elected chairperson and up to two (2) additional members appointed by the Executive Board. The committee shall appoint its secretary from among its members [bylaws – section 16, page 20].